1st Sunday of every month (excluding January)
All Riders are divided into 4 groups depending on ability. They are:
- Shetlands (Beginner/Younger Riders)
- Connemaras (Grade 5/Low Intermediate)
- Arabs (Grade 5-4/High Intermediate)
- Clydesdales (Grade 4-3/Experienced)
All Riders must attend the gear check due to the following:
- For the safety of the Rider's tack, horses comfort and condition
- Attendance Record
- All Riders are placed in their appropriate groups
- If any tack is found to be ill-fitting or damaged/unsafe (ie bridle stitching separating) the Rider will be asked to dismount from the horse and ask a parent/guardian to tighten (eg a girth, helmet) or replace the piece of tack that is unsuitable.
To view Gear Check rules, issued by the PCAV, please click here (PDF File)
At a rally, every group will take turns to one Horsemansip Class during the day to study their Pony Club certificates. This may include theroy practices (eg. using a horse to explain parts of the horse), written work (using PCAV Certificate Workbooks) or visual activites (watching a DVD/Video or having a guest speaker). To get their certificate, each rider must pass a written and ridden test. The certificates are divided into age groups and riding ability. They are:
D Certificate - Riders aged 10-12
D* Certificate - Riders aged 11-12
C Certificate - Riders aged 12-14
C* Certificate - Riders aged 14-18
K Certificate - Riders aged 18-26
Each member who passes their tests will recieve their certificate, along with a badge that is worn on their Ballan Pony Club jumper.
Each member must have a PCAV Certificate pack to study for their test, which includes an activity booklet, certificate guide and assistant's booklet. These are available from Ballan Pony Club for $15.
If your child is under 10 years of age, during Horsemanship classes they will be given some fun activites such as colouring in, puzzles, etc.
- All members of Pony Club are issued with the official PCAV Attendance card after fees have been paid in full.
- Attendance cards should be placed in the container on the DC's desk.
- Attendance cards are the Rider's responsibility and must be presented at each Rally.
- Attendance cards must show all gradings and all attendances.
- Attendance cards must be signed on the Rally day.
- If a Rider changes its' mount the DC must be notified so that the new name can be added to the Rider's card.
- Any alteration to the Attendance card is strictly forbidden.
On the commencement of the Rally, all Riders are expected to stay with their allocated group and permission is required from their Instructor if the Rider wishes to leave the group . The DC should be advised if the Rider wishes to leave the Pony Club grounds prior to the end of the Rally day.